Fear & the Brain
Responding to Fear
Fear is a full-body experience. While the brain does the brunt of the processing and coordination work, the entire body quickly gets involved to create the fear response. As you explore this section, you will learn about important brain areas and pathways that trigger fear, the way fear affects the entire body and how we remember fearful events.
- Brain StructuresWhich areas of the brain are vital to the fear response?
- Wired for FearCheck out the different paths fear signals follow in the brain.
- A Full-Body Experience
- Fear & MemoryHow do powerful emotions affect our memories?
- The Face of FearWhy do we change our facial expressions with our emotions?
- Revealing the Brain’s Secrets