Fear in the Wild
A common response throughout the Animal Kingdom
We’re not the only creatures that experience fear. In fact, the fear responses that humans display – freeze, flight and fight – are common throughout the animal kingdom.
- FreezeWhy do we sometimes get scared stiff?
- The Evolution of FearFear is an ancient survival mechanism.
- FlightIf there's an escape route, animals beat it!
- Defensive BehaviorWhen the going gets tough, some animals try to blend in, look scary or warn others.
- FightWhat do animals rely on when they're fighting for their lives?